If you are one of the few who loves to travel from one location to another, you might consider reward and loyalty programs. A reward program offers you bonus points for spending your money on things that matter to you and provides several options for redeeming the reward points. One such loyalty program is the TD Rewards points program.
With TD Rewards, which is a credit card loyalty program of TD Canada Trust, you can earn bonuses and rewards points that you can redeem for cash, travel, groceries, gift cards, education, or merchandise.
How To Earn In The TD Rewards Points Program
TD Canada Trust, the operator of the TD Rewards points program, has outlined several channels through which Canadians can amass extra TD rewards points from their everyday purchases and payments.
Here are some options available for Canadians to earn TD Rewards points:
- TD Credit Cards: One of the most important and popular methods to earn TD Rewards points is through the various sign-up bonuses that come with each TD Rewards credit card. There are four TD personal credit cards that earn you TD Rewards points. These are:
- The TD Rewards Visa Card
- The TD Platinum Travel Visa Card
- The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card
- The TD Business Travel Visa Card
With these TD Rewards credit cards, you can earn bonus points, ranging from 2500 rewards points to about 65,000 rewards points.
- Add Authorized User Credit Card: The TD Rewards points program allows you to earn more points from additional rewards credit cards. You can add up to three credit cards and earn TD Rewards points every time authorized users use them for payments or purchases.
- Aeroplan Miles: With your TD Aeroplan credit card, you can earn rewards to achieve your travel goals. When you use your TD Rewards card at Aeroplan partner brands, you earn Miles everywhere you make purchases. These points can be redeemed for travel and hotel bookings.
- Expedia For TD: Exclusively available to TD travel credit card holders, the Expedia For TD earns you TD Rewards points. Through Expedia For TD, you can enjoy all the ease of bookings while earning TD Rewards points on these travel purchases. You similarly get the best travel savings value for your TD points when you redeem them for travel bookings made online or by phone via Expedia For TD. For your online travel booking through Expedia For TD, you will get up to 9 TD Rewards Points for every $1 spent.
TD Rewards Credit Cards
As a TD Rewards credit cardholder, you can do a lot with your card and earn bonus points that you can redeem for any item or service you choose. Each TD rewards credit card has several benefits that allow you to earn travel rewards points on everyday purchases. The following are the TD Rewards credit cards:
TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Credit Card
This credit card earns you the most rewards points in the TD loyalty program. The First Class Travel Visa Infinite Credit Card comes with a sign-up bonus of up to 65,000 TD points. That is 20,000 points after your first purchase and 15,000 bonus points every month you spend $1000 in the first three months (45,000 points).
Furthermore, you earn
- 9 TD points for every $1 you spend on travel purchases made online through Expedia For TD.
- 6 TD points for every $1 you spend on travel purchases made by phone through Expedia For TD.
- 3 TD points for every $1 you spend everywhere else.
Interestingly, your TD points do not expire as long as you are a TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Cardholder. Also, you get an annual fee waiver for the primary and first additional cardholder in the first year. However, this credit card has a $5000 minimum credit limit.
This card comes with an annual fee of $120 and a $60,000 personal or $100,000 yearly income household requirement.
TD Platinum Travel Visa Credit Card
This TD Rewards credit card earns you up to 45,000 TD Rewards points, a travel value of $225 when you book your travel purchases through Expedia For TD. The breakdown is that with this TD Rewards card, you earn a welcome bonus of 15,000 TD Rewards points after your first purchase on the credit card.
In addition to this, you are entitled to 10,000 TD Rewards points in each of the first three months when you spend a minimum of $500 per month (30,000 TD Rewards points).
Moreover, you can book your trips through Expedia For TD or any other travel provider. However, when you book through Expedia For TD, you maximize the number of your TD Rewards points earned on travel purchases. Besides, you earn:
- 5 TD Rewards Points for every $1 when you book travel online through Expedia For TD
- 3 TD Rewards Points for every $1 in grocery purchases and regularly recurring bill payments
- 2 TD Rewards Points for every $1 you spend on all other purchases
- Various travel insurance coverage
This card comes with an annual fee of $89 and is available to Canadian residents of the age of majority. However, for the first year, there is an annual fee waiver for the primary and the first additional cardholder. There is also a $5000 minimum credit limit. Interestingly, as long as you are a TD platinum travel visa cardholder, your TD Reward points will never expire.
TD Rewards Visa Credit Card
The TD Rewards Visa credit card offers you up to 100,000 TD rewards points and up to $247 in annual fee rebate. Also, you will earn
- 9 TD Rewards Points when you book travel online through Expedia For TD.
- 6 TD Rewards Points for every $1 spent on foreign currency purchases, restaurant purchases, and regularly recurring bill payments on your card.
- 2 TD Rewards Points for every $1 you spend on all other business purchases.
- Access to an extensive suite of travel insurance coverage
In addition to the above, you can access the TD Card Management Tools to manage your Credit Limits and apply them to Spend Controls. You can redeem your TD Rewards points towards a short-haul business class flight.
TD Rewards Visa Credit Card
With this TD rewards card, you earn up to 10,000 TD Rewards points, which is equivalent to a $25 gift card. You are offered a welcome bonus of 2500 TD Rewards points after your first purchase with your card and 2500 TD Rewards points in each of the first three months when you spend a minimum of $250 per month – up to a total of 7500 TD Rewards points. Besides, you earn:
- 3 TD Rewards Points for every $1 when you book travels online through Expedia For TD.
- 2 TD Rewards Points for every $1 spent on groceries, restaurants, and regularly recurring bill payments.
- 1 TD Rewards Points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
With this Rewards card, there is a $500 credit limit.
How To Redeem Your TD Rewards Points
Every TD Rewards point comes with a value, and you can redeem the points you earned on purchases made with your TD Rewards credit cards for various gifts and items.
- Redeem Through Expedia For TD: You can get the best value for your TD Rewards points when you redeem them for travel purchases through Expedia For TD.
- Redeem Through Book Any Way Travel Purchases: You can use your TD Rewards points for travel and trips booked through any other travel agency or website.
- Redeem through Shop The Mall: You can use your TD Rewards points to shop directly at participating online Shop The Mall retailers, such as Apple, Canadian Tire, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and more.
- Redeem For Merchandise: You can redeem your TD Rewards points for shopping brand-name merchandise in the TD Rewards Catalogue. You can select appliances, electronics, fashion, accessories, luggage, and more.
- Redeem For Gift Cards: You can equally use your TD Rewards points for gift cards that you can use for groceries, gas, dining, or entertainment.
- Redeem For Cash: You can apply a cash credit to your account with the help of your TD Rewards points.
- Redeem For Education: You can use your TD Rewards points to purchase education credits that will help to offset the cost of higher education.
TD Rewards Points Value
TD Rewards points have various values depending on how you redeem your points. For 1000 TD Rewards points, here is the worth of your points in Canadian dollars:
- Booking travels through Expedia For TD: $5
- Booking travels through Book Any Way: $4
- Shop The Mall online retailers: $3
- Shop The Catalogue merchandise: value depends on the items on display
- Gift cards: $2.5
- Education (Higher Ed points program): $4
- Cash/account credit: $2.5
TD Rewards points program is a great avenue to earn loyalty bonuses and redeem various valuable items. This loyalty program is best suitable for travelers. The TD Trust Company offers you the best value for your TD Rewards points on travel-related purchases.