The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card is among the top-rated credit cards offered by Toronto Dominion Bank. This credit card option is for you if you want to travel the world with family and friends. Let’s jump right into the review of the TD Aeroplan card.
Features and Benefits of TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card
- You have access to a credit limit of $5,000 minimum.
- $139 annual fee (rebated for the first year). You can enjoy an annual fee rebate for the first year when you activate your card and make your first purchase on the account within the first 90 days after account opening. If you want to add a secondary card user, do so by May 31, 2021.
- It is important to know that you cannot redeem TD Aeroplan points on any airline except for flights on Air Canada or Star Alliance member airlines. Air Canada and its partner airlines fly in over 190 countries.
- TD wants you to earn Aeroplan points while making your everyday purchases. It doesn’t matter if your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card is used for groceries, gas etc. Be rest assured that you’ll be rewarded with Aeroplan points enough to take you to your favourite city in North America.
- Your TD card allows you and your travel companions (make sure you’re not more than eight) to enjoy your first checked bag free. You can enjoy this offer when you travel on an Air Canada flight.
- If you want to enjoy an application fee rebate of up to $100, you can enrol for NEXUS and get a rebate once every 48 months. Your additional cardholder can also enjoy the NEXUS advantage.
- Although conditions apply, you can earn 1.5 bonus Aeroplan points for each $1 spent on eligible purchases across participating Starbucks locations. Also, earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases. There are over 170 retailers at Aeroplan eStore from which you can enjoy bonus offers and special discounts.
Earn four times the points on eligible purchases from Gap, three times the points from Hudson’s Bay and two times the point when you use your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite at over 150 partner brands. This offer ends by November 7, 2021.
- When you qualify for car rentals at any participating Avis and Budget locations, you can save a minimum of 10% off the lowest available base rates in Canada and the United States with your TD credit card. Save also 5% off the lowest available rates Internationally.
- Note that for additional cardholders to receive eligible Air Canada travel benefits, they must link their Aeroplan number.
Exclusive TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Benefits
- Exclusive access to tickets for memorable events across Canada.
- 10% off on green fees, merchandise and lessons at participating Troon Rewards golf courses.
- Enjoy access to over 95 participating wineries in British Columbia, Ontario and Sonoma Valley.
- Excite your taste buds by gaining access to exclusive gourmet events with prized chefs.
- 24 hours a day concierge services.
Disclaimer: Rates and product offerings are always changing, so this article might not reflect the current market situation. Please contact your financial advisor before making any financial decision.
TD Visa Card Travel Insurance
You can travel with your mind at ease knowing that your TD Aeroplan Visa Insurance has got you covered. These are the amazing insurance coverage an insured cardholder can benefit from:
- Medical Insurance
CA$1,000,000 for up to 21 days. The first four days of your trip are covered for cardholders who are 65 years of age or older.
- Trip Cancellation/ Interruption Insurance
If you are insured, and your trip is cancelled, you’ll get a Trip Cancellation coverage of up to $1,500. For an insured cardholder affected by a Trip Interruption, you’ll get a Trip Interruption coverage of up to $5,000.
- Flight/Trip Delay Insurance
A delayed flight of over 4 hours may get you coverage of $500 if you are insured.
- Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance
An insured cardholder can get an overall coverage of up to $1,000 if their baggage is delayed for more than 6 hours or is lost.
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
Get up to $500,000 of coverage for covered losses while travelling on a common carrier.
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance
For each eligible personal item stolen from your room as a cardholder, you get up to $2,500 coverage per incident.
- Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
Get coverage for rented cars for up to 48 days straight.
Note that the insurance coverage covers the cardholder and eligible family members travelling with the cardholder.
- Mobile Device Insurance
In the event of loss or accidental damage to an eligible mobile device, you can get up to $1,000 of coverage.
TD Visa Card Security
You have fewer reasons to worry because TD Visa cards are designed to help you carry out transactions with improved security levels.
- Chip and PIN Technology
PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. Do you want that extra layer of protection for your Visa card? Not to worry, TD Visa cards come with chip and PIN technology to provide you with extra security. Your PIN makes it difficult for unauthorized persons to access information on your TD credit card.
- Instant Fraud Alert
By ensuring that your current mobile phone number is listed in your TD customer profile, you can automatically receive TD fraud alerts to your mobile device once there is suspicious activity on your TD Aeroplan View Infinite credit card.
- Visa Secure
Shopping online can make you feel vulnerable, but with Visa secure, you are provided with increased security and convenience to make purchases online.
- Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection
TD provides you with automatic access to Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection. This provides coverage for eligible new items you’ve purchased with your TD card in the event they are stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase.
- Lock Credit Card
Using the TD app, you can lock and block international purchases instantly.
Eligibility Requirement for TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite
You are eligible if you earn CA$60,000 annually as personal income or CA$100,000 annual house income. This offer is only available for Canadian residents who are the age of majority in their province. This offer isn’t available for residents of Quebec.
How to Use your TD Aeroplan Points
As a TD Aeroplan Visa cardholder, you can earn approximately 50,000 points when you make your first purchase with your card.
- Use your TD Aeroplan points for merchandise, experiences and gift certificates.
- You can enjoy no restrictions on every Air Canada seat available to buy for cash with your points.
- Pay for your hotel room or even rent a car with your TD Aeroplan points.
- You can redeem your Aeroplan points to enjoy rewards such as a 4 round-trip economy class ticket 3 haul in North America.
As long as you are a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Primary cardholder in good standing, your Aeroplan points won’t expire.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Limited Time Offer
Picture what you could do with 20,000 TD Aeroplan points. Yes, you read the figures correctly. 20,000 points. This is among many other goodies you stand to earn through the TD Aeroplan limited time offer.
- Make your first purchase with your new card and earn a welcome bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points.
- Within 90 days of opening your new TD account, spend $1,000 to earn another 10,000 Aeroplan points.
- And what’s more, you stand the chance of bringing a friend along with a bonus Buddy Pass. Wherever Air Canada taxies in North America, including Hawaii and Mexico, you can drag your friend with you and together enjoy super exciting vacations. Don’t forget to take amazing photos of your experience.
When you bring along a friend as a new cardholder, your bonus Buddy Pass can get you a second ticket when you book an economy ticket. With the second ticket you’ve scored, you’ve got the taxes and third party charges covered.
- TD will also give you a one-time user pass when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of opening your TD account. For what it’s worth, you’ve got a whole year to make use of your one-time pass.
- This offer is a limited time offer, so apply by May 30, 2021.
The TD Aeroplan Visa card requires cardholders to pay 19.99% on a standard purchase and 22.99% on balance transfer and cash advance.
As you carry out transactions with your TD Visa card, you may incur the following:
- Annual Fee
Pay an annual fee of $139, which will be rebated if you are approved by May 30, 2021.
- Cash Advance Transaction
1% of the transaction amount with a minimum fee of $3.50 and a maximum fee of $10 in Canada or $5 outside Canada.
- Foreign Transaction Fee
It costs 2.5%
- Additional Cardholder Annual Fees
- Dishonoured Payment Fees
- Rush Card Fee
$25 per rush delivery request
- Over Limit Fee
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite is obviously a handy card to own. If these offerings are suitable to you, get the card as soon as possible and benefit from the limited time offer.